It's that time of the year, again! Most members join or renew in the first quarter, so that our dues are paid for the calendar year. This grants voting privileges, occasional program discounts and is sometimes the criteria for various grants. Additionally, your dues express your commitment to our organization's mission and sustainability, both for our national and local chapters of the Ministers Council.
For all who have already joined for 2022, and all new members who join by April 30th, one of three books will be sent to you as a gift of appreciation:
- How to Heal Our Divides: A Practical Guide. by Brian Allain, Brian D. McLaren, et al. OR
- Martin Luther King Jr. Resistencia y Lucha. by Rev. Juan Ángel Gutiérrez. OR
- Freedom Faith: The Womanist Vision of Prathia Hall. by Courtney Pace.
Please submit your request via this GoogleForm. In addition to the book, the Leadership Team will be hosting discussion sessions on each book over the coming months. More details will be available in May.
What is the Ministers Council?
We are an independent, non-profit organization of ordained, commission, licensed and lay Christian leaders. Seminarians are also eligible for membership and encouraged to join.
We are the only ABC organization dedicated solely to the well-being of ministers. We serve in increasingly diverse settings including the local church, specialized ministries of chaplaincy, counseling, coaching and spiritual direction, as well as administration, education and community organizing. (read more/less)
Individuals are eligible for membership in this body if they are eligible for inclusion in the Leadership Status list maintained by the American Baptist Churches Information System (ABCIS) and if they pay national dues to this body.
What Do We Do?
We nurture, encourage, and strengthen more than 2000 clergy, counselors, seminarians, and lay leaders. We provide fellowshipping opportunities; spiritual enrichment; and educational programming to fuel the effectiveness of the men and women called of God to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
What Do We Provide?
- Support for regionally based Ministers Council chapters
- Annual gatherings, workshops, retreats for respite, and spiritual and professional development
- Models and best practice guidelines for creating clergy peer groups
- Informative articles and writings for ministers
- Discounts to value-added services through partnerships
- A sense of community for clergy so that no one has to go it alone
How Can You Support the Ministers Council?
Give to our Together in Ministry Fund, which expands the program of clergy peer group learning.