What is the Ministers Council?
We are an independent, non-profit organization of ordained, commission, licensed and lay Christian leaders. Seminarians are also eligible for membership and encouraged to join.
We are the only ABC organization dedicated solely to the well-being of ministers. We serve in increasingly diverse settings including the local church, specialized ministries of chaplaincy, counseling, coaching and spiritual direction, as well as administration, education and community organizing. (read more/less)
Individuals are eligible for membership in this body if they are eligible for inclusion in the Leadership Status list maintained by the American Baptist Churches Information System (ABCIS) and if they pay national dues to this body.
What Do We Do?
We nurture, encourage, and strengthen more than 2000 clergy, counselors, seminarians, and lay leaders. We provide fellowshipping opportunities; spiritual enrichment; and educational programming to fuel the effectiveness of the men and women called of God to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
What Do We Provide?
- Support for regionally based Ministers Council chapters
- Annual gatherings, workshops, retreats for respite, and spiritual and professional development
- Models and best practice guidelines for creating clergy peer groups
- Informative articles and writings for ministers
- Discounts to value-added services through partnerships
- A sense of community for clergy so that no one has to go it alone
How Can You Support the Ministers Council?
Give to our Together in Ministry Fund, which expands the program of clergy peer group learning.